hello minnesotaindependent

Bradlee Dean: Keith Ellison is advancing Sharia law through ‘homosexual agenda’

Bradlee Dean of the religious ministry You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International believes Rep. Keith Ellison’s support for LGBT rights is part of his strategy to bring Sharia law to the United States. On his radio show Saturday, Dean said that members of the LGBT community are fools for supporting Ellison and that the Minnesota Democrat is “adamant about overthrowing the United States Constitution.”

Sharia law is the sacred law of Islam and derives its condemnation of homosexuality from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, as do fellow Abrahamic traditions Christianity and Judaism. As with Christian and Jewish approaches to LGBT issues, Muslim interpretations of  Sharia laws on homosexuality vary widely, ranging from full support to prescribing a death sentence for it.

“I said time and time again that there is a correlation between the Muslims and the homosexual agenda, and we have a couple of fools in the state of Minnesota that are putting a rope around their neck and they just don’t realize it,” said Dean

. “Here, let me give it to you this way: Keith Ellison is a Muslim.”

Dean said that Ellison’s support for protections for LGBT people from hate crimes and for same-sex marriage is part of an attempt to overthrow the U.S. Constitution and implement Sharia law.

“Why is he so adamant about overthrowing the Constitution as it is right now? Because if you pay attention to the plow he’s planting the seed,” Dean said. “He’s trying to come through with Sharee [sic] law.”

Raising his voice, he urged his listeners, “Does somebody want to talk to the homosexual community in the state of Minnesota and tell them what he is doing? Go online, folks! You love the homosexuals so much then why don’t you tell them who they’ve appointed as their chairperson? He’s a Muslim!”

He continued, “Hello? Why is he after it? Because he wants to bring in Sharee [sic] law through the homosexual agenda!”

“They are using the homosexuals as a political battering ram to bring forth what? Sharee [sic] law.”

LGBT leaders in the United States are “ignorant,” Dean said, for allowing Ellison to serve as co-chair of the House LGBT Caucus.

“What is Keith up to? I think we have to ask the question, Keith,” said Dean. “I’m just asking the gay communities what’s up with Keith Ellison because they are so foolish, blind and stupid not to figure out that their vice chair is a Muslim. This is no hidden secret, folks. This is in America. Who is this guy working for?”

“Why is this guy advocating the overthrow of the United States Constitution in the state of Minnesota?”

Dean then played an audio clip of an unidentified Muslim who said that Sharia law calls for the execution of homosexuals.

“I would say to the homosexuals: You better keep your eyes peeled. You are playing the fools. I knew there was a correlation. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. And the homosexuals are using the Muslims to do it, and the Muslims are using the homosexuals to do it. The homosexuals are playing the fool to the Muslims.”

He continued, “That’s how foolish these homosexuals are in Minnesota. God is not mocked. You can’t spit against heaven and not expect to fall upon your own back. And that’s exactly what’s happening to those that want to play the devil’s advocate.”

To Ellison, Dean said, “Keith you can call me any time. Let’s see how much of an American you really are.” He added the Ellison’s office has not returned his calls. Ellison’s office has not yet responded to the Minnesota Independent’s query about whether Dean has called or to offer comment on Dean’s statements.

Ellison has been forthright about his beliefs about Islam and homosexuality, and he has repeatedly said that Islam has taught him the importance of civil rights and social justice.

Earlier this year, Ellison addressed the Unitarian Universalist National Convention in a speech that covered themes of faith, love and abundance. “There’s enough for the straight and the gay,” he said. “There’s enough for the people who were born in America and the new immigrants. There’s enough for the blacks, there’s enough for the whites, there’s enough for the Latinos, there’s enough for the Asians, there’s enough for the Muslims, the Christians, the Jews, the Buddhists, the Hindus! There’s enough, everybody!”

And in an interview with the Muslim Peace Fellowship he stated unequivocally that he opposes violence and discrimination against LGBT people.

“I’m not asking people to embrace homosexuality,” he said. “I’m saying it’s wrong and immoral to kill them, beat them or exclude them from working. You don’t have to like them. Leave ‘em alone. Let them live their lives and let God decide if He will judge them, as He will judge us all. That’s all I’m saying.”

The Minnesota Independent emailed You Can Run But You Cannot Hide for clarification on Dean’s statements about Ellison and whether the group believed Ellison would try to implement Sharia law that would call for the execution of homosexuals.

“Due to the fact that the Muslims are the ones who would enforce Sharia Law and execute homosexuals, and being that Keith Ellison is a Muslim, you should be asking him that question,” a spokesperson replied. “That is our point.”

“I think the problem here is that Bradlee is trying to warn you of your sin before God for your good, and time and time again, you treat Bradlee like he is your enemy for doing so,” the email continued. “He has stuck his neck out for you many times. Bradlee’s heart is out of a sincere and real love to turn all men from sin to God.”

“You should be writing an article about what the Muslims are saying, since they are the ones who want to execute homosexuals. We are here merely to look out for you in that sense. Why do you turn on those who warn you?”

But Dean seemed to applaud Muslims that call for such executions. On his May 15 radio show,Dean said:

“Muslims are calling for the executions of homosexuals in America. This just shows you they themselves are upholding the laws that are even in the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God, but they seem to be more moral than even the American Christians do, because these people are livid about enforcing their laws. They know homosexuality is an abomination.”

Dean and his ministry have close ties to the Republican Party and GOP elected officials and candidates including gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer, Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Secretary of State and current state Rep. Mary Kiffmeyer, and state Rep. Dan Severson. Rep. Michele Bachmann has fundraised for the group extensively in recent years as well.

Comments

86 Comments

Shannon Drury
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 10:39 amKeith Ellison doesn’t need to prove anything to Bradlee Dean, a guy who’s too afraid of all the undesirables in the 5th district (the hippies, the Muslims, the poors, the gays, etc) to set foot here.

But I wish he would. I hereby invite Bradlee Dean to check out the peace rally at Powderhorn Park tonight. I’m no biblical scholar, but from what I know of Jesus, it’s the kind of event He wouldn’t miss.

tom swift
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:13 amThe only fool I see in this picture is Bradlee Dean. He sounds like a deeply closeted nut case.

Dan S.
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:23 amOk, Seriously….

Would someone please put a sock in Bradlee Dean’s mouth? I mean honestly, how does this guy expect to be taken as a actual minster or a real campaign. I mean come on.. The “You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International” Why has this idiot not been investigated? A title like this is pretty suggestive, violence wise. Pretty much saying “Good luck getting away, I’m going to make you believe my views, if not I’ll stomp you out.”

The only reason that Bradlee Dean has food on this table is for the fact that Tom Emmer has donated to this BULLSHIT ministry.

I ask Bradlee to come to the pride festival next June. Leave your pamphilets of lies at home, leave your republican propoganda at home as well. Come down to Loring park, learn something about the GLBT families and those that may be willing to talk to you about the person perscution they went through coming out as gay, bi, transgender.

So, I call you out personally Bradlee (god what a hick spelling of the name). Would you be at the soup kitchen on the side of the counter with the homeless if Tom Emmer hadn’t given you money? – Oh, and don’t get me started about that closeted homophobe.

Bradlee, why don’t you and your 4 followers, and Tom Emmer just move to somewhere up north and just stay up there, out of the public lime light. Good luck stopping the changes that are coming.

Gary
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:26 amI notice you describe You Can Run as a “religious ministry” instead of a “Christian” one. The attention to accuracy is appreciated!

Dan S.
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:38 am@Gary,

It is a ministry. And I should have said Ridiculous ministry.

Honestly, Gary, are you a follower of Bradlee Dean?

Gary
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:54 amQuite the opposite, Dan S. I’m making a point that may be too nuanced for you: While Bradlee Dean claims to be Christian — one who follows and seeks to embody Christ’s teachings — he’s not. He’s merely a divisive, angry religious nut.

SeanH
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 11:59 am“He’s merely a divisive, angry religious nut.”

He’s also a liar. Pretty sure that violates the christian rulebook.

Kevin
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 1:12 pmWhat scares me the most is the fact this guy actually has followers. We’ll always have nut jobs around, but most are ignored by the majority of folk. This guy obviously isn’t. That’s very sad and speaks volumes to how ignorant, bigoted and hateful a significant percent of our population actually is.

John
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 1:13 pmWow Bradlee, I will pray that you will some day accept the teachings of Jesus Christ. May you truly become a Paul from a Saul. Your hatred has blackened your heart and your soul and it has become a nest for Satans minions. Your lies will only lead to your pain and suffering and you will not realize the glory of the Lords Kingdom on your passing.

Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 1:19 pm@John – Perhaps you have never read the scriptures that testify of Jesus Christ and what his kingdom is about. Perhaps you don’t realize that Jesus Christ is the source of love and the only reason Bradlee can get up every day and continue to tell the truth, dispite the hatred you have for him.

Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 1:27 pmBradlee is correct.

Both radical Muslims and radical homosexuals are fully engaged in a war against our nation, targeting our Constitution. They are both a national security threat and should be labeled as such.

Both are trying to establish their religious beliefs into law, creating a theocracy that they sincerely believe will make the U.S. a better place.

History proves they will fail, whether they destroy the U.S. and the culture of Christianity that in the last hope for the darkening world or the public will rise up and stop them from destroying the U.S. Constitution.

Evan
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 1:47 pmWhat a dumb fuck! People like Bradlee Dean threaten legitimate, positive political discourse. This anti-islam propaganda is so dangerous. I don’t toss this around lightly, but McCarthyism is so 1950s.

Eric
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 2:31 pmTim,

In this and previous posts you’ve asserted that homosexuality will destroy the state of MN, destroy the country, and destroy the US Constitution.

A rhetorical question: Have you ever heard of Julius Streicher?

Where’s your evidence for these claims? Or, do you just pull them out of a hat?

Eric

JLMoody
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 2:38 pmTim –

I think you might be a little confused about what theocracy actually means.This is what dictionary.com lists as the definition…

the·oc·ra·cy   [thee-ok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -cies.
1.a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler, the God’s or deity’s laws being interpreted by the ecclesiastical authorities.
2.a system of government by priests claiming a divine commission.
3.a commonwealth or state under such a form or system of government.

Those countries that use Sharia Law as a basis for judicial action would be theocracies, because their laws are based on a religious code.

I really don’t understand how homosexuals are trying to establish a religious belief into law. It seems to me that the belief they are trying to establish into law is actually a very secular one, not a religious one. In that case they would be assisting in the prevention of the creation of a theocracy in the US by preventing a law against equality to be passed, because it seems that the majority of the arguments against equality are rooted in religious beliefs.

I can’t speak for the whole of the homosexuals in the US, but I don’t consider the fact that I’m gay to be a fact based in religious doctrine, I just consider it a fact. I’m not seeking to impose my religious beliefs on you in any way. What I’m seeking is not religious in nature, it is a civil process, one that the state already recognizes.

Your statement about labeling gays as a national security threat is a little absurd. What crime am I committing that would justify something like that? Is it because I’m not seeking treatment to change my orientation? I’m not engaged in any war on the Constitution. I believe very strongly in the Constitution and have and would again defend it if called to.

I respect your rights to have and express your opinions without censor, I also have that right… Freedom of speech and freedom of religion both require the acceptance that people will hold views that differ from yours.

The very Constitution you accuse me of attacking allows for and demands that conversations like this take place, it makes no demands that we have to agree with each other, only that the free expression of ideas be allowed.

Tim, I honestly am not trying to destroy the nation or the Constitution, I promise, cross my heart and all that. I am only doing what others before me have done when faced with similar issues, change the laws that I believe adversely impact me. Participation in the system is not the destruction of the system.

charles thompson
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 2:51 pmWho owns Bradlee’s radio outlet?

Dan S.
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 2:55 pmI agree with JLMoody.

I’m a gay man, and I’m just trying to protect my rights that such freaking nutjobs like Bradlee Dean and his good buddy Tom Emmer are convinced on taking away, because I don’t date women.

Some people that are uber-religious may have a problem with what I’m about to say. There is nothing organized about organized religion. God loves everybody, irregardless of your gender, sexual orientation, skin color, hair & eye color or religious beliefs.

But guess what? I am male, I lay with other men in my bed, and yes, someday I will marry another male and have a family with that said individual of the same gender and sexual orientation of me.

Honestly, if it comes down to politics, Tom Emmer has lost the race for Govenor and he’s only delaying the inevitable my filing all of these injuctions against the state and Mark Dayton.

I understand that all politicans pander and there are the relious nut jobs like this Bradlee Dean. But, honestly. maybe Tom Emmer and Bradlee Dean should try being with men. They might like it. 😛

Dan S.
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 2:59 pm@ charles thompson

I have no idea who owns the broadcast rights to his audio outlet. But, they should be aware of what Bradlee Dean is saying on his show and what he’s preeching.

@ charles thompson – It’s probably some company on the payroll of Tom Emmer or The WestBuro South Baptist Church, ran by the ever fun loving Reverend Fred Phelps.

RalphKramden
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 3:01 pmTell me, why should we care about what Dean says or thinks?

Different Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 3:09 pm1 Corinthians 11:14

“Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,…..”

Get a haircut, Bradley, you’re a disgrace. The Bible tells me so.

John
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 3:17 pmTim

Wow more lies from you. When will it end? I know the scriptures very well thank you. What you and Bradlee are espousing is not christianity. It is political activism hidden behind a veil of religiousness. I have not seen you display any christian morals as taught by Jesus Christ. All I have read from you is hate, lies, and bigotry. It is sad that you lie to yourself and those around you. I will pray that your soul will be saved. Bless you and have a wonderful day.

Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 3:22 pm@JLMoody –

I realize that you are sincere in your convictions to try to change the laws that you believe adversely impact you and that you wish to defend the constitution.

You position is much more civilized then many of your follow radical supports. But you must realize that the agenda of the radical homosexual activists do not share your convictions and therefore your support for them is joining them is their desire to destroy the Constitution, namely the freedom of religion.

There are many ‘wolves’ in the radical homosexual camp, many of which have very bad intentions to exploit woman and children and destroy the culture of Christianity that as the foundation of our civilized society.

You said:
“I really don’t understand how homosexuals are trying to establish a religious belief into law. It seems to me that the belief they are trying to establish into law is actually a very secular one, not a religious one.”

The establishment of the religion of secular humanist into laws is the creation of a theocracy that would cause the government to enforce their religious convictions on society.

It’s not that I don’t want people to have committed loving relationships or that if people want to be part of the homosexual lifestyle want to be in committed relationships are a bad thing. I’m all for them to be as happy as anyone else.

But the negative impact of legalizing the moral and religious position of same-sex marriage would be far reaching, effecting every organization and individual across the state.

All churches and religious organizations could be sued because of their beliefs, harassed and threatened or shut down. (this already happens regularly on this blog)

This alone would be devastating to the poor, disabled and homeless – in which millions are helped by the many churches and religious organizations throughout the state.

Public officials will be denied public funds and access to public facilities and programs who do not agree with the legalization of same-sex marriage.

Public employees will be disciplined, demotes and fired for their refusal to recognize the religious position of same-sex marriage.

Private colleges and universities will be forced to house same-sex couples even if they completely disagree with the religious position. They may lose their accreditations because of their beliefs and be forces to shut down.

Public resources will be used to promote the religious position of same-sex couples and hospitals and schools will be forces to teach patients and students about this dangerous lifestyle, without mension of its unhealthy dangers like the increased risk of AIDS. Taxpayers will be forces to pay for the promotion of homosexual and lesbian lifestyles.

Feds to hospitals: Go gay…or go broke

Businesses, churches and government organizations will be threatened, fined and suited for refusing to recognize or hire same-sex partners even if their business is dependent on the moral commitment to traditional marriage, by their customers and as their reputation and brand demands.

You see, legalizing same-sex marriage is legalizing a religious position that the majority of the public does not support. It would bring devastating discriminatory legal action against anyone or any organization or business that has a different religious position.

Many of these things have already happen in other nations, like Canada.

Here is an excellent book for anyone who recognizes that the homosexual agenda must be stopped for the good of the individual, the family, the nation and for the good of those that remain in the homosexual lifestyle as well.

“Correct, Not Politically Correct; How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone”

Alec
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 3:41 pmHave the Catholic churches been sued in 2000 years because they discriminate against women? Have the Mormons been sued because they don’t let certain folks marry in their temples? Allowing gay marriage will not force churches to gay marry people. That is a ludicrous lie.

What part of the constitution are gay marriage advocates trying to change? It seems to me that Tim is the only Theocrat in this whole discussion. He’s the one who wants a constitutional amendment. Gay people just want equal laws. I’ve never, ever met a gay activist that wanted to change the constitution like Timmy. Again, how are the gays trying to change the constitution?

99% of Jesus’s teachings dealt with helping the poor or less fortunate. If you really followed the teachings of Jesus, then 99% of your focus would be on the same. Instead it is on abortion and gays.

If Jesus were alive today, Bradlee Dean would spit on him as a commie, socialist, social justice craving libtard.

JLMoody
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 4:17 pmTim,

Thank you for explaining your views more completely, I can now understand your argument a little better. Can you explain one other thing to me, if you don’t mind.

Your argument about using Secular Humanism to change the laws to allow marriage equality forcing a theocracy I can follow, however for the sake of argument please explain how using a moral and religious belief system, you cite Christianity as the foundation of our civilized society, is not imposing a theocracy based on that system of beliefs. And how that differs from the government enforcing those religious convictions on society as a whole.

I understand your concerns about the possible adverse effects on churches, and I actually addressed this legal aspect in a response to another of your posts. In all honesty, I don’t agree with your position about the extent of the negative impact allowing equality will cause, which I’m sure doesn’t surprise you…

Other nations aren’t the US, and don’t share our commitment to and defense of civil liberties. Will some things like you describe possibly happen, they could. I’m not deluded about that, but in my mind the positive benefits I believe it would have for society as a whole outweigh the negative.

Speaking as a former public employee regarding what could happen if I choose not to recognize an equality law, that’s not any different than what happens now. As a public employee I don’t have the right to chose what services I will provide based on my personal beliefs, I’m expected to provide those services without regard to personal beliefs.

Public officials being denied access to funds or use of buildings based on a personal belief against gay marriage, I’m not sure I follow. Right now there are many public officials who disagree with some laws and I’m not aware of them suffering from a job perspective because of their disagreement, if you have examples I would be interested to know about it.

Businesses can’t be forced to hire the spouse of any employee, hiring decisions are defined by that business…. a non-religiously based business could only be fined or sued if they discriminated against a gay person and sexual orientation was a protected class in anti-discrimination laws in that state or locality. Private religious organizations could not be sued for discrimination for not hiring, or even firing a gay employee, they are allowed exemptions for their religious views.

Colleges and Universities, both private and public, are allowed to determine their own housing policies. Same sex couples who want to live in the same room and do so now, just by requesting to be roommates, without ever making an issue of the fact they are gay. I’m not sure how equality laws would actually cause a change in this at all.

As far as the promotion of the gay lifestyle, acknowledgement of the existence of homosexuals doesn’t equal promotion or recruiting into the gay lifestyle, in my opinion. Discussions of gay and lesbian sex included into sex education classes for students the correct age for such classes, doesn’t present a problem, again in my opinion, because parents are already allowed to opt their children out of sex education should they wish.

I’m sure you’re not surprised that we still disagree in many areas, but I do appreciate your willingness to have a conversation about those differences.

Eric
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 4:21 pmTim,

Secular humanism is the absence of religion, which logically doesn’t make it a religion. Have you ever opened up a secular humanist publication? You’ll immediately be struck by how much ink is spent criticizing religion.

You wrote, “My assertion that the homosexual agenda is an attack on our Constitution is indeed factual.” And yet you fail to cite any supporting evidence of this.

The examples you cite concern competing rights claims between conservative/fundamentalist Christianity, and those of gays and lesbians, many of whom are religious themselves. So, the “homosexual agenda” is by deduction not an attack on religion or religious freedom in general at all. And it’s simply incorrect and a gross mischaracterization to claim that it’s an attack on the Constitution.

The legal disagreement underlying all of this is: which is more fundamental–equality for GLBT people under the law, or the claim of right-wing Christians that they should be able to determine who is equal under the law and who isn’t?

Religion is not under attack.

Christianity is not under attack.

Right-wing, fundamentalist and evangelical Christians may feel that their rights are being violated, but this is true only if you assume that discriminating against others in jobs, housing and more, is their right under the Constitution.

Do we want a country in which right-wing Christians tell everyone else who gets equal treatment and who doesn’t?

Burt Ernie
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 4:24 pmYou folks are seriously messed up. When will you listen to Bradlee is right. What in your book of definitions is a friend? You all have been told.

Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 5:19 pm@Alec –

Activists on this blog threaten to sue Catholic churches on this blog almost every day. If same-sex marriage was legal, I’m sure they would quickly follow through on their threats.

How do you think this debate started? Law suits by radical homosexual activists. A vote for same-sex marriage is a vote to put your minister in jail and to close the Catholic Church and all of its programs like Catholic Charities that help millions of people each year.

You want me to focus on helping the poor and needed? I am.

Nachman
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 5:37 pmBradlee Dean is….well…somewhat out there.

That does not explain the irreconcilable fact that Keith Ellison associates with Muslim Brotherhood front organizations. Salafis and other Islamists do not look too kindly upon the major issues that “progressives” belief in – feminism and same sex marriage, for example.

Bradlee Dean: Keith Ellison Pushing Sharia Law through Homosexual Agenda | WhatIfTheyWereMuslim.com
Pingback posted December 1, 2010 @ 5:37 pm[…] Bradlee Dean: Keith Ellison is advancing Sharia law through ‘homosexual agenda’ […]

Tim
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 5:46 pm@JLMoody –

So let me summarize your response…

You realize that allowing same-sex marriage is a violation of the Constitutional protection of “freedom of religion” that would result in the creation of a theocracy, which will result in drastic and devastating changes to our entire society and legalize the discrimination and persecution of all other religious beliefs – namely Christianity. But you believe that is necessary and the benefits outweigh the negative.

Perhaps you don’t realize the every theocracy in the history of the world has resulted in the death of millions of its citizens. In fact the humanism religion in particular is responsible for most of them.

If the U.S. goes down this path and the religious beliefs of humanism are made law, the government will eventually need to also take control of all sources of information, in direct violation of the Constitutional provision of “freedom of speech” – in order to protect and enforce its religious beliefs. Canada has already done this, in so much that I would be arrested for this conversation.

I hope you come to realize what you are wishing for, before it’s too late. Radical Homosexual activism is attacking our nations Constitution and the freedoms that are foundational to the success of our nation.

gbear
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 6:01 pmBradlee Dean can go bite a fart.

JLMoody
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 6:16 pmTim —

Actually no I don’t think that legalizing gay marriage is a violation of either the establishment or free exercise clause of the first amendment. I don’t agree with you, what I do have is the ability to is seek to understand the points you make.

You actually didn’t answer my question regarding how the imposition of moral and religious beliefs based on Christianity is different than your assumption of a theocracy based on Secular Humanism. I am truly interested in what you think about this fact because I fail to see how it is a different situation. Imposition of law based on moral and religious beliefs leads to a theocracy, unless the beliefs are Christian?

Right now your beliefs are being used to discriminate and persecute gays.

I don’t share your belief that the idea of Secular Humanism constitutes a religion. What I said was that I could follow your argument, not that I agreed with it. Please understand I really don’t believe that the passage of equality laws will end your right to express your beliefs about homosexuality. You will still have every right to believe it is wrong and tell whomever you would like. I honestly don’t see how me having the same protections under civil law that you have causes you harm.

I understand that your views are not the same as mine, please understand that I don’t share yours. I consider myself to be a pretty reasonable person and I try to listen to all sides of an issue. I believe that all views have merit in a discussion.

As far as what I hope I come to realize before it is too late, I want to realize my hope of marrying the woman I love. I also hope that it can happen without all the negative and destructive results you fear. I believe it can, and I will hold on to that belief.

Jalene Eden
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 6:49 pmIts clear Bradlee has never read the first amendment nor has he studied the bible in the ancient language and culture in which it had been written in and to. The word malakos and its root words were never translated to mean homosexual or anything related to homosexuality until 1958 in the amplified bible. Every english bible has been translated so many times that they are all incorrect. God is not a religion. Christianity, Islam and all others are religions.

The context of the U.S. constitution is that all law abiding citizens have the same measure of liberty and justice without respect of person. The U.S. constitution is not a religious document but rather a document of law that clearly states in the first amendment that no government can establish a national religion. Creating laws of a religious nature such as LGBT peoples cannot marry is establishing a national religion, Christainity.

I do not buy into any religion because they are all of men. I deeply believe God and believe God loves me for me. I am a gay girl and I love myself and I am proud to be able to be who I am.

For all you religious people you do not even know your own god. None of you walk in my shoes so you do not know my life. Stop trying to regulate my life which you know nothing about and start taking a closer look into your own soul. But my guess you would be to frightened to do so. There are much more important things that need tending to than worrying about LGBT peoples who are humans just like you.

Eric
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 7:14 pmTim,

I have a test for you.

What do the following Christian churches have in common?

Church of Sweden
Protestant Church of Bremen
Protestant Lutheran State Church of Brunswick
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover
Swiss Reformed Church
Church of Norway
United Protestant Church in Belgium

Among other things…They either support gay marriage or homosexual civil unions. And, they’re not humanist organizations.

So, why the emphasis on humanism? Here’s why. If you accept that other expressions of the Christian faith have an equal claim to being called Christian, then you’re forced to abandon the myth that One True Christianity(TM) exists. And if all of Christendom doesn’t believe _exactly the same thing_ about homosexuality, then your arguments collapse. You can’t claim that homosexual marriage is an attack on Christianity, because many Christians SUPPORT gay marriage. Neither can you claim that homosexual marriage is an attack on religious freedom in general, since many Christians, again, are fully in support of gay marriage.

So, where does humanism fit in? The way to convince the semi-educated is to persuade them that One True Christianity(TM) has been contaminated by an outside force, something alien to its values: humanism–which then might lead you to conclude that something that’s contaminated with an “outside” set of values can’t be One True Christianity(TM). But, you’re faced with the highly uncomfortable fact that many Christians agree with humanism on questions relating to homosexuality for their own theological reasons.

So, when you write, “You realize that allowing same-sex marriage…will result in drastic and devastating changes to our entire society and legalize the discrimination and persecution of all other religious beliefs – namely Christianity.”

Well, you’re lying. Or you don’t know–which I doubt–that many Christians support gay marriage.

The only serious opposition to gay marriage in this country comes from conservative Christianity and the conservative branches of other faiths. Moderate and liberal Christians disagree, but to you they’re not One True Christians(TM), and, of course, you Tim, are the best judge of what God wants.

Revertive
Comment posted December 1, 2010 @ 10:46 pmCan I point out that most radical Muslims who actually want full-blown, misogynistic sharia in the US are VERY ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL?????

I mean, come on. Let’s not be STUPID here. NO ONE who wants Iran or Saudi Arabia’s version of Sharia in the US is GOING TO SUPPORT THE LBGTQ movement.

SeanH
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 6:32 amCome on Eric, the guy makes up his own definition of words and you expect him to grasp logic?

Alec
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 8:31 amAgain Tim,
what constitutional amendment are the homosexuals trying to enact? I know you want the constitution changed Tim, but I have seen no examples of how the other side does. Could you site an amendment they are putting forth or part of the constitution they want repealed?
thanks so much,
Alec

Scott
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 8:33 amCharles,
WWT C am 1280 and KKMS am 980 are both owned by Salem Communications. It is a national company owns stations and syndicates radio programs including: Hugh Hewitt, Michael Medved and Dennis Prager, all of whom are on WWTC “The Patriot” daily. They also own Townhall,com, a conservative political website and publish Townhall magazine.

Dean was on KKMS for a number of years and just recently moved to WWTC with his show “The Sons of Liberty”.

Dean has also been doing showings of his “documentary” “My War”. It is apparently a compilation of his talks to schools. I suspect it’s as bad as his radio program

Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 9:43 am@ JLMoody

You have an important question, in which I will lead you to the answer, but first let’s finish this line of reasoning.

I’m glad that you consider yourself a reasonable person, but you seem to be willing to ignore your own reasoning. If you believe the ban on same-sex marriage, imposes moral and religious beliefs based on Christianity, then you cannot deny that your proposal to impose the religious beliefs of secular humanism will not also imposes your religious beliefs on everyone else – which is the creation of a theocracy. And if you don’t believe that the ban on same-sex marriage imposes moral and religion beliefs, then you wouldn’t be supporting the removal of the ban. Therefore, by your own reasoning you are clearly in support of replacing one theocracy with another. Legalizing your religious beliefs about homosexuality will make it illegal to live out Christian values. All Christians will be persecuted and discriminated against.

Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 9:53 am@Jalene Eden

You said;

“Every english bible has been translated so many times that they are all incorrect.”

That is not true; the Dead Sea scrolls found in 1947 have proved that the scripture have indeed been preserved with complete accuracy.

All moral beliefs are religious. You cannot deny that you are a religious person, whether you believe you are your own god or you believe in some other god.

You then said:

“Creating laws of a religious nature such as LGBT peoples cannot marry is establishing a national religion, Christainity.”

If that were true, than creating laws about your personal moral beliefs is not the removal of the establishment of a nation religion, but the replacement of our current national religion with a difference one – a much more dangerous one – the religion of humanism that is responsible for 100 million death just in the last decade.

charles thompson
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 9:55 amThanks Scott

Yes, We All Know How Muslims Just LOVE the ‘Gays’! | The Teabagger Tribune
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:10 am[…] Some radio asshat in Minnesota has added to his Teabagger cred by saying the only reason Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn) supports the LGBT agenda is because it’s part of a strategy to bring Sharia law to the United States.  See, Ellison is a Muslim.  That’s why. Bradlee Dean of the religious ministry You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International said on his radio program that Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) is only supporting LGBT rights as part of a strategy to bring Sharia law to the United States, the Minnesota Independent reported. […]

SeanH
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:14 am“If you believe the ban on same-sex marriage, imposes moral and religious beliefs based on Christianity, then you cannot deny that your proposal to impose the religious beliefs of secular humanism will not also imposes your religious beliefs on everyone else – which is the creation of a theocracy.”

Sure you can because, no matter how many times you claim it be so, Secular Humanism is not a religion. Never has, been, never will. Further, assigning the quest for equal rights for gays solely to “Secular Humanism” is also spurious. There are numerous groups and people, both religious and non religious who are striving to get these discriminatory laws eliminated, blowing yet another hole in your Theocracy claim

False, because, once again Theocracy is government based on religion. Sine equal rights for gays is a secular issue legally it is in no way shape or form “theocratic”.

Your entire argument that these efforts will lead to the creation of a Theocracy is patently absurd and logically indefensible. It is entirely based on these efforts being religiously based which is demonstrably untrue. Since your entire argument is based on a falsehood you have no argument.

OrganicFarmstead.com » Blog Archive » Meet the Minnesota Movie Theatre Supporting a “Kill the Gays” Ministry
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:36 am[…] television host Rachel Maddow, said homosexuality is causing the moral decline of our nation, and recently attacked U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a pro-gay Congressman from Minnesota’s 5th Congressional district, as someone wanting to […]

Minnesota Christian Ministry Claims Gay & Lesbian Agenda Leads To Sharia Law – The Gay Manifesto
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:48 am[…] via Bradlee Dean: Keith Ellison is advancing Sharia law through ‘homosexual agenda’ « Minnesota Ind…. […]

Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:54 am@Eric –

Eric my friend, I love your willingness to reason rather than just spew hatred like so many others.

But I have to tell you that if you continue to reason with wise people, your reasoning will lead you to the truth that Jesus Christ is indeed the God of our design and this battle that is brewing around the world, is nothing short of the kingdoms of the world gathering against the kingdom of Jesus Christ (Acts 4:26), all of which is predicted in the scriptures.

Your question ‘who are the real Christians?’ is fascinating.

The answer is not where you are looking – in the ‘Christian’ title that people label themselves with, but in the beliefs they refuse to compromise on. The increasing failure of Christian churches to hold fast to the clear teachings of the scriptures are not proof that Christianity is not based on a real God or has failed, but rather proof that scripture is indeed true – because scripture testifies that this would happen – many would fall away and turn from the faith. Expect this to continue.

Current events like this, testifies to the accuracy of the scriptures and give clarity to the period of time we are in. Jesus Christ is the truth. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6). But as we move into the end of this age, towards the return of Jesus Christ, it will continue to get harder and harder for people to learn about him. The acceleration of false teachers and Christians that fall away from the faith will continue to make it more and more difficult for people to seek and find the truth. I acknowledge that someday I too will probably be hunted down, silenced and will no longer be around to ask these questions or testify of Him. As the world grows desperate to learn about Him, his enemies are moving to silence his workers. The harvest is large, but the workers are few (Luke 10:2). Welcome to the last days.

You said:
“If you accept that other expressions of the Christian faith have an equal claim to being called Christian, then you’re forced to abandon the myth that One True Christianity(TM) exists. And if all of Christendom doesn’t believe _exactly the same thing_ about homosexuality, then your arguments collapse.”

Not true, my arguments are not based on what the majority of people who use the label ‘Christianity’ agree upon, but on the scriptures, which do not change.

You said:
“You can’t claim that homosexual marriage is an attack on Christianity, because many Christians SUPPORT gay marriage. Neither can you claim that homosexual marriage is an attack on religious freedom in general, since many Christians, again, are fully in support of gay marriage.”

Yes I can, because the doctrine of Christianity, found in scriptures, is clearly against homosexuality – and therefore creating laws based on homosexuality are a direct attach on Christianity and the Constitutional provision of freedom of religion.

So, when I write, “You realize that allowing same-sex marriage…will result in drastic and devastating changes to our entire society and legalize the discrimination and persecution of all other religious beliefs – namely Christianity.”

I am telling the truth.

Bradlee Dean: He’s a muslim, just thought you should know. « Talk About Equality
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 10:58 am[…] ministry You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International.  On his AM radio show Saturday he ranted about Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to us Congress. Rep. Ellison is a strong […]

SeanH
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:00 am“I am telling the truth.”

No you are not. You are spewing BS

When Does Supporting GLBT Rights Equal Sharia Law? | Homebrewed Theology
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:28 am[…] You can listen to the audio at the Minnesota Independent. […]

chuck dc
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:35 amIs it just me or is this Bradlee person brain-damaged?

John
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:42 amTim

Sigh, more lies from your mouth that is controlled by satan. You truly are a wolf in sheeps clothing.

“Legalizing your religious beliefs about homosexuality will make it illegal to live out Christian values. All Christians will be persecuted and discriminated against.”

Absolutist statements like this are proof of your lies. This statement is absolutely with out merit or truth.

“Your goal to marrying the woman you love will result in the creation of a very dangerous theocracy that will lead to the destruction of our nations Constitution and the freedoms that are foundational to the wellbeing of our nation. Without question, our nation will decline under the creation of a humanism theocracy. I also which there was another way, but the destructive forces in your camp are just as dangerous as radical Muslims trying to impose Sharia Law.”

You have NO evidence or basis to this statement. You are grasping to prove the lies that satan has fed your mind.

I will continue to pray for you. I can only hope the the love from our Lord Jesus will be able to show you the truth.

Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:45 am@SeanH

Secular Humanism is indeed a religion. Always has been, always will be.

Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design
The Cell’s Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator’s Artistry

Another example is the faith humanist’s put in leaders and organized people (government) as if they are capable of doing ‘good’ on their own without an understanding of what good is, which would require the ability to understand the different between what is ‘right’ and what is ‘wrong’. But without any source of truth, it is impossible to understand what is good. It is not possible to find truth within our limited experiences, understanding and culture, because all these things are relative – and ever changing. Therefore the only way to believe in this impossibility is to put as much faith in humanity as is required to believe in god. To believe truth can be found in man is to believe in the impossible, that we are gods.

This is exactly what the humanist religion does when it gives honor, with regular ceremonies to popular Atheists that carry their message. Just look at the “Humanist of the Year” awards.

The scriptures tell us when the Anti-Christ enters the earth; religion will not be abolished but will be embraced and united with a global religious leader called the False Prophet. (read Rev.) The humanist religion fits the mold perfectly, because its core doctrine is that we are our own gods. The same thing that Satan told Adam and Eve in the garden, “..if you eat this, you will be like god..”

The reason that religion will always be part of the world is because of the reality of God. As long as God exists, so will religion. Even Satan and the demons know that God exists and they cannot get around that reality, which is why they plan for a global religion.

These things are plain to read in the scriptures, anyone could connect the dots, but this generation refuses to believe and blames the rise of the many false teachers for misleading them into thinking that the scriptures must not be true or are made up. But these excuses will not be accepted in Gods court. We are all responsible to seek God for the truth and must have faith in him, rather than put our faith in the lack of faith of the many false teachers that are at work to discredit the kingdom of God and deceive the entire world.

“.. The kingdom of God has come near you” (Mark 1:15) Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ while you will have breath.

Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 12:13 pm@John –

Yes, pray for me daily that I would find favor with the Lord and He would find favor with me.

I am saddened to hear that you are deeply deceived by your friends. Satan is not in my mind. For that is impossible because I am a child of God “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” – John 10:27

One way you can identify false Christians (who are called “tares” in Matt. 13:38) is when they abandon the clear teachings of scriptures. But while they’re interacting with true believers, it is difficult to tell them apart. It is issues like this that force the “tares” to be identified.

Perhaps you are not as familiar with the scriptures as you would like to be. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16) And scripture contains a clear understanding of homosexuality. “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” – 1 John 1:8

If you do not have the Spirit of God in you, then you cannot understand the things of God. “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. “ – I Cor 2:14-16

Without the renewal of your mind, (Rom. 12:2 – “be transformed by the renewing of your mind”) no one is able to understand the things of God, intellectually or emotionally.

This is why few find the truth (Matthew 7:13). Yet they are without excuse (Romans 1:20) because they have turned against the Lord.

SeanH
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 12:24 pm“The religion of humanism has a belief system, a code of ethics, a moral system, holy books that explains the meaning of life, etc. Humanism has everything that any other religion is. There is overwhelming evidence that countless books that prove humanism is indeed a religion.”

Wrong. Simply stating things do not make it true Tim. Your arbitrary application of words like “holy” to whatever books you are referring to does not make them a religious text

“As a religion, Humanism has a supernatural belief system, because it contains faith in what cannot be explained. For example, humanists believe in evolution, which requires much faith to overlook DNA research that clearly indicated that we have an intelligent design.”

There is no legitimate research that reaches that conclusion. You also seem to have a misunderstanding of the word “supernatural”

“As a religion, Humanism is also active in worship. The definition of “worship” is to give honor to and to have formal ceremonies rendering honor, to gather together to give honor to the object of what is regarded as sacred and to adorn. ”

Not sure what dictionary you are using, but that is NOT the definition of “worship”. I think you are a bit fuzzy on “sacred” as well. Your link shows no indication of worship or holding the people listed, or the award itself as sacred.

“Many humanists think they are fighting to purge religion from the world, when they are actually just replacing one religion with another. ”

Some may be but not all, regardless, humanism is not a religion.

Meet the Minnesota Movie Theatre Supporting a “Kill the Gays” Ministry | GayLGBT.com
Pingback posted December 2, 2010 @ 2:43 pm[…] television host Rachel Maddow, said homosexuality is causing the moral decline of our nation, and recently attacked U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a pro-gay Congressman from Minnesota’s 5th Congressional district, as someone wanting to […]

Different Tim
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 4:21 pmI hope everyone had a nice time wasting words on Tim.

You see, baseless beliefs are exactly that, baseless. So it doesn’t matter that it doesn’t make sense, that it is illogical, that you can prove that it is baseless. Of course his beliefs are baseless, that is what makes it so God-given.

Anyway, I’m spending my time emailing a guy similar to Tim whose baseless assertion is that Martians will attack at any moment and turn us into half-insect half-union welders. Equally baseless, equally ludicrous, but infinitely more interesting argument.

Thomas Butler
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 4:52 pmDifferent Tim –

Do we get to choose which half?

Pickwick
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 4:54 pmBy this logic, Bradley Dean obviously wants to institute Old Testament Law. He’s a Christian, right? All Christians want to stone heretics and sell their daughters into slavery, and outlaw pork and shrimp, right? Pfui! Man’s not got the sense God gave a lemon.

Scott
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 6:03 pmSeanH,
You are brave person for taking on Tim on his definition of religion.

You see Tim wants to define religion in such a way that Humanism meets the definition. This is like what Michael Behe wanted to do, in Dover ID Trial, with the definition of science. Behe wanted it changed to allow Intelligent Design to be defined as science which would also allow astrology to be considered science.

With there being so many version of Christianity, with so many interpretations, some religious types don’t like when their concepts are considered nutty.

Marcus
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 9:01 pmIf there is such a thing as a “Rapture”… PLEASE GOD!! MAKE IT HAPPEN SOON.!! Take all the Nut Balls , Republicans and T-Bagger’s with you!!

J
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 9:23 pmThe whole far left agend is after this… And as far as the lgbh caring?…They absolutely do not… Has any one seen the presentation they put on at the Smithonian Institute?.. They hate America too.. There are a lot of groups that hate America and they will league with any one to do it…And now a caucus in our Legilature?.. There are regular Gay folks … Christians don’t resent them…but they don’t want them to cross a line and ursurp their dearly held beliefs and practices. But that is exactly what the far left wants to do…It all ties in… and Cair… tried to slip an amenment in the Nov. elections and when people rejected it…Who was in Oklahoma’s Courts the next day challenging it!?..And at Ground Zero they swore adamantly that Mosque was benign…No.. trying to slip and agenda here.. No Sharia Law here…then Look at Oklahoma…And the Federal Judge that the far left has planted all across this Nation for their planned agenda… Ruled Sharia Law was acceptable! And when the radical far left made it to our highest seat …it all part of their agenda too….A group that hates America too…What is they are teaching Children in those Mosques as part of Sharia Law to their Childern?! I say .. Sunlight.. There are people that are going to look up a few things and see …So I say sunlight …

Zac
Comment posted December 2, 2010 @ 11:08 pmThis guy is the biggest idiot. Keith Ellison is the representative in Minneapolis which is the most liberal district in the state. Dayton defeated Emmer because of Horner the independent candidate. Learn something about politics and the world.

Different Tim
Comment posted December 3, 2010 @ 10:08 amTo “J”,

Well all I can say is, then and he they did thing only that not too……and more want it so it can be it and that…………………….just look at Delaware where it was that not for only twenty……..you can’t tell me that wasn’t all set up in the courts because it them didn’t anyhow……..and they hate America and you know because it that won’t didn’t always sometimes anytime always.

So I say sunlight……………….and maybe spell check…………………….

I think your most articulate point was this:

“What is they are teaching Children in those Mosques as part of Sharia Law to their Childern?!”

BRILLIANT!!!!

Barbara
Comment posted December 3, 2010 @ 11:47 amWow. What an ignorant d-bag.

Tom
Comment posted December 3, 2010 @ 11:56 am@ JL Moody, Eric and Different Tim. I appreciate your conversations with @Tim. They were calm, well reasoned and not inflammatory. As a gay man who has been in conversations with those who oppose equality, it is refreshing to hear point/counterpoint made without impugning the lineage of the other party. (The advantage to taking the high road is that there is a lot less traffic up there.) It is truly difficult to reason with someone who is convinced that the Left Behind series of books, not to mention The Bible, is a blueprint for what they believe to be inevitable. I can feel the smugness coming through my screen. As Christ said ” the poor will always be among us”; so will the gays.

Susan
Comment posted December 3, 2010 @ 3:29 pmAaaah, fundamentalists. the same the world over, and this one is so darned entertaining, again, and again.

Marcus
Comment posted December 3, 2010 @ 5:20 pmYo” Christian A$$holes and Nutballs!!

You Christian ” freak balls” don’t even know what Sharia Law is NOR do you understand that it is an admonished practice.. EVEN in the most conservative MUSLIM Countries.!! You freaks probably don’t even know what it means!! LOL.. The “White Elephant” in the room IS!!!!!! Your Religion is DEAD In about 15 years!! AND IT”S YOUR FAULT!! I love the FACT that your kids are getting smarter and ABANDONING YOUR Lunacy!!!

“Imagine World Peace!!”
Envision DEAD Republicans!!

JLMoody
Comment posted December 4, 2010 @ 1:29 amTim —

We may have reached the point where we will have to agree to disagree. I appreciate the civil conversation I have had with you and I hope you will feel the same way.

At this point I think we’re really just engaging in a circular argument because we have very different viewpoints on the issue. I don’t share your view of the religious nature of Secular Humanism and so I can’t see myself changing my mind.

I do understand the presentation of your reasons and arguments in support of your views, but again I don’t agree with the conclusion you have reached. I don’t view equality laws as an imposition of a religious belief, therefore I do not believe allowing equality will impose a theocracy.

I agree that if I shared your view of Secular Humanism as a religion and then passed laws based on that religious view allowing only my own views while denying anyone else the right to hold differing ideas, then yes it is crossing the line into a theocracy.

But let me state this fact very clearly I don’t believe that Secular Humanism is a religion, and because I don’t believe it is, I do not believe that equality rights are a step down the path to a theocracy. I don’t believe you can have a theocracy that is based on a non-religion. That’s why I think allowing equality takes a step the other way in preventing the creation of a theocracy.

I have said before and will say here again, I believe you have every right to your views, even though they differ from mine. I don’t think either of us should be prevented from expressing ourselves.

In the event that the passage of equality laws should be used to abridge either the freedom of speech, or either the establishment or free exercise clauses, I would fight against that unequal treatment also. The bottom line is either all people are equal under the law, or none are.

If the passage of equality laws makes being a Christian, or expressing Christian beliefs a criminal act I would proudly stand next to you and argue for your right to equal treatment, but I don’t think it would ever come to that.

JLMoody
Comment posted December 4, 2010 @ 3:00 pmTom —

As a gay woman who lives in a very conservative area of the midwest I understand how difficult it can be to engage in productive discourse about equality with those that don’t share our views and those who oppose them.

I don’t believe you can force acceptance of an idea on people because that always backfires. You can request tolerance which usually eventually becomes acceptance over time, not for all but at least for a larger group than you started with. Tolerance shouldn’t just mean “I tolerate you because I can’t kill you, or you won’t change”, it should mean tolerance for people who are different from you, or who’s views you don’t share.

This is going to get me in trouble, it has before and will again I”m sure, but this is one of the things I don’t agree with “radical homosexuals” (yes, there are radical homosexuals just like there are radical Christians) about. I think that the only way we are going to reach the goal of acceptance is to engage in productive discourse, especially when you are talking with people who don’t agree with us. At some point you have to agree to disagree with them, calling them haters or bigots doesn’t work, because then we become exactly what they think we are.

The best way to achieve acceptance in the larger group, in my opinion, is for gays to just live their lives and not make their sexuality the focal point of their lives. I live my life as an openly gay woman who doesn’t include my sexuality in everything I say and do, because I do think about, and am concerned about things other than this. People know I’m gay, I don’t hide it, but I don’t tell people nice to meet them I’m gay and if you don’t like it you’re an intolerant bigot. I let the way I live my life be my example, and it works more often than not.

I know there are gays that won’t agree with me, call me a coward, or say I’m just trying to act straight…. I don’t think so, I’m not acting straight, I’m acting like a person who’s only difference between my neighbors and myself is that I’m a woman who is attracted to other women.

I want equal rights just like all other gays, but I don’t believe it means we have to demand full acceptance with those rights. I think we will be much more successful if we treat it as one aspect of who we are, not the only aspect of who we are.

Wendy
Comment posted December 12, 2010 @ 3:31 pmThis is no more than the Calvinist Christianist-extremists on full display trying to get out in front of this Sharia issue and are bumbling via Bradlee around how to spin it so that it sells. (Very MFC of you Tim) They know they are trying to contort our nation and Constitution into a nation of “Gods Law” ie Sharia, and are trying to find the golden ticket of how to blame the recipients of their injustices of our current interpretation of our Constitution. Wolves in sheep’s clothing indeed. Or in another language, the pharisees.

Wendy
Comment posted December 14, 2010 @ 3:40 pmhttp://www.talk2action.org/story/2005/11/28/172929/14

interested
Comment posted December 15, 2010 @ 11:19 amThis is considered news? I hear racists go on fallacious rants all the time and none of them get reported on, why this idiot?

Wendy
Comment posted December 15, 2010 @ 3:25 pmBecause the 3rd wave christainist-fundamentalist extremists are attempting to create a theocracy here in America based on “biblical law” just like radical Muslims have Sharia Law. Further, in an attempt to mute the blowback of their theocratic vision they are trying to blame the very minorities they actively defame to gain broader support for their nefarious actions. That, my friend, is news. And a warning.

youmustbejoking
Comment posted December 21, 2010 @ 10:08 pmBradlee Dean is a nutcase. He and his ilk are a greater danger to the LGBT community than the Congressman is. It i insane listening to this guy. What is sad is that way too many people are listening. The dangerous ones are these far right nut cases that preach hatred among their supposed love of God and yet they can’t see their own hypocrisy. Unbelievable.

Wendy
Comment posted December 22, 2010 @ 10:12 amThis is required reading for folks to understand what is going on, and what contributor “Tim” is trying to do here http://rprivitera.newsvine.com/_news/2010/11/07/5423665-christan-right-the-war-on-secular-society

The Anti-Gay Donations That Target Apologized For? They Never Stopped – The Official Blog of Canvass for a Cause
Pingback posted December 22, 2010 @ 2:49 pm[…] sent a whole $500 to Keith Ellison, the Minnesota Congressman that anti-gay leader Bradley Dean accuses of supporting LGBT rights as a way to bring Sharia law to […]

eyes wide open
Comment posted December 26, 2010 @ 11:25 amBradley Dean needs to do a whole lot more to make a credible case for this particular claim against the Congressman. But at the same time I found it amusing that the Congressman would try to make the claim that he is a strong supporter of civil rights and social justice given the fact that the US has now become the number one spy nation in the world – according the Christmas reports from the Washington Post. What is most disturbing is that Big brother IS NOT overseeing the Fusion Center programs so there is no accountability. A strong supporter of civil rights and social injustice would be outraged at this – but Congressman Ellison seems to think this is A-Okay.

You Can Run
Comment posted January 1, 2011 @ 4:11 pmHis name is not Bradlee Dean, it’s Bradley Dean Smith, and he has more problems than homophobia.

joe camel
Comment posted January 5, 2011 @ 3:01 pmHow do you get past Leviticus {18:22} Thou shalt not lie with
mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

This seems pretty cut and dried and we aren’t allowed to just follow some parts and ignore others. For thine is the word of the Lord, your God.

Wendy
Comment posted January 6, 2011 @ 10:50 amNo, yours. I bet everything I have that you know what shellfish tastes like and have shaven temple hair and are sitting here puking on the keyboard in mixed fibers, so spare us the babble.

BC
Comment posted January 6, 2011 @ 12:22 pmAh, Leviticus. You’re really going there? I trust that you and yours are following all the tenets of Leviticus: not getting tattoos, making mothers lie unwashed for seven days after delivering a son, having boys circumcised exactly eight days after birth, avoiding eating clams, pork, rabbit, oysters (for to do so is also an “abomination”), killing those who commit adultery, stoning to death those who see fortunetellers or mediums, etc., etc., etc. Are ya?

Wendy
Comment posted January 10, 2011 @ 6:21 pm….having a defect in vision…

there aren’t enough rocks in Minnesota for that one alone.

Christaria Law = Sharia Law

Hate Preacher Denounces America, Obama in Minnesota House Prayer « Ashton Elijah
Pingback posted May 20, 2011 @ 2:59 pm[…] Bachmann, is a radio personality in Minnesota who has been known to make extreme anti gay comments, praising Muslims who call for the murder of gays and lesbians for being “more moral than American Christians,” and praising Rwanda for legislation […]

Only Republicans and Teabaggers can pull these stunts: Minnesota GOP invites anti-gay death metal preacher to give opening and suggests Obama is not Christian
Pingback posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:59 pm[…] “including advocating the incarceration of gays and lesbians, that the LGBT community is trying to usher in Sharia law in Minnesota, that gay men molest an average of 117 children “before they get caught,” and that Muslim […]

Bradlee Dean and Why Are Politicians Holding Prayer Anyhow « The Seething Primate
Pingback posted May 25, 2011 @ 2:54 am[…] Can Run, including advocating the incarceration of gays and lesbians, that the LGBT community is trying to usher in Sharia law in Minnesota, that gay men molest an average of 117 children “before they get caught,” and that Muslim […]

Minnesota GOP gives microphone to anti-gay preacher
Pingback posted May 26, 2011 @ 6:32 am[…] Can Run, including advocating the incarceration of gays and lesbians, that the LGBT community is trying to usher in Sharia law in Minnesota, that gay men molest an average of 117 children “before they get caught,” and that Muslim […]

Mac Too PC, Get Well Jack, SYTYCD, Maddow Sued, Atwood For Mayor?… | TheGaily.ca | the new gay agenda
Pingback posted July 28, 2011 @ 4:03 pm[…] “But of particular notice is Bradlee Dean’s remarks about gay people. He has claimed, among other things, that gays are responsible for the Holocaust or that gays “on average…molest 117 people before they’re found out.” He also seems to have a poor understanding of the legal status of homosexuality, believing that the 2010 nomination of Sharon Lubinski to U.S. Marshal for Minnesota was illegal because Lubinski is a lesbian. Even stranger, he believes that Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim in the U.S. Congress, is trying to “advance Sharia law” through his support for gay equality.” […]